The industrial workshop “Better Manufacturing Processes and Environments for Industry 4.0” will take place September 12th, from 11 am to 4h30 pm, at CCG in Guimarães (Azurém Campus of the University of Minho).
With this event, the CCG: Computer Graphics Center, the University of Minho and the New University of Lisbon will demonstrate how awareness of workers’ welfare in industrialized environments brings benefits to organizations under the Smart4Health project. In addition to contributing to cost savings, this project helps to improve employee health and well-being, boosting the success of industrial companies.
The event will be attended by national and international speakers. It will also include a presentation of the results of the vf-OS: Virtual Factory Operating System project, in which the “vApps” software tools will be known for use in industrial environments for production and logistics processes. The Virtual Factory Operating System is a EU H2020 project addressing the ‘Digital Automation’ objective. The target is to develop the “operating system” of the connected factory of the future and to integrate better manufacturing and logistics processes of Industry 4.0, through platforms that enable and optimise communication and collaboration among supply networks, enterprises, machines and objects
This workshop will also provide space for bilateral discussions where more information can be obtained as well as opportunities for collaboration.
Destinataries and registration
The workshop is aimed at industrial companies, as well as software houses for solutions for the productive sector.
Registration for the event is free and is done online.
– 11:00 : Registration
Smart4Health: Building Today a Healthier Tomorrow
– 11:30: Welcome (by: Ricardo J. Machado, CCG and Ricardo Gonçalves, UNINOVA) [PT]
– 11:40: A Platform for Digital Health and Wellbeing (by: Ricardo Gonçalves, UNINOVA) [PT]
– 11:50: Healthier Workers for Healthier Work – Being a Smart4Health company (by: Maria Marques, UNINOVA) [PT]
– 12:30: Questions and Open Discussion
– 13:00: Networking Session (Lunch Included)
Keynote: European Strategy for Connected Factories and DIHs (by: Ricardo Gonçalves, UNINOVA) [EN]
– 14:00: The App Store for Industry (by: Carlos Agostinho, Knowledgebiz)
– 14:10: Document Management at Construction Sites (by Paulo Rodrigues, Consulgal) with demonstration of vApp2x
– 14:30: Manufacturing and Logistics Automation (by Jean-Philippe Aguerre, Mondragon Assembly) [EN] with demonstration of vApp1x
– 14:50: Manufacturing Assembly Collaboration (by Benjamin Menghini, APR) [EN] with demonstration of vApp3x
– 15:10: Keynote EPMQ: Future Initiatives with Industry (by Paulo Cortez, CCG) [PT]
– 15:40: ZDMP: Opportunities for Future Funding (by João Pedro Mendonça, UMinho) [PT]
– 15:50: Questions and Open Discussion
– 16h00: Closing Ceremony (Coffee Break Included)
vf-OS Hackathon Awards Ceremony (by Oscar García, ICE and Paulo Cortez, Centro ALGORITMI)