2018 – 2021
The Product in Touch – Development and Industrial Validation of a Multimodal Virtual Prototyping for In-Car Design project aims the exploration of the tactile sensation in the design of specific components integrated into the cars interiors, where the project aims to achieve the following results:
- A tactile probe to extract tactile features from real plastic components;
- A computational model for correlating tactile sensation and object features to improve the product quality check in injection molding plastic components to meet the customers satisfaction;
- An advanced virtual prototyping method based on multisensory stimulation to integrate the customers’ feedback in the product quality check and preference verification, in a virtual way, before it enters into injection molding phase of plastic components.
The solution presented by PRODUCT IN TOUCH seeks to standardize tactile sensation in a virtual environment to improve design, quality and manufacturing process in the injection molding of plastic components used in car interiors.
This cross-sectional project includes the domains of applied research of the CCG: CVIG (Computer Vision, Interaction and Graphics) and (PIU (Perception, Interaction and Usability).
Know more about the Product in Touch project.
- Edilásio Carreira da Silva, Lda.
- INL – International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory
- CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica
- Compete2020, Portugal 2020, ERDF
- Eligible investment: EUR 1,2 million
ERDF Support: 818 thousand euros