The CCG – Center for Computer Graphics, through its R&D Lab, EPMQ, is co-organizing on the 13th September, a workshop, in the form of a think tank, entitled “Metadata for Manufacturing”.
The event takes place at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP), from 14h30 until 18h00.
Workshop Metadata for Manufacturing – September 13th
This workshop intends to be a seed for the creation of a community and a special interest group of metadata for manufacturing within the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative.
It is of interest to industrial enterprises, such as automotive, manufacturing, textiles and footwear, and industry software development companies.
The event is organized in cooperation with the University of Minho, the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto and the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative.
The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative is a worldwide-recognized organization supporting and working predominantly with metadata and semantic interoperability, which also focus on open standards, open data, and open-source software.
The advantages of metadata ontologies and semantic interoperability have been recognized in different areas such as smart city platforms’, and particularly the use of linked data (LD) in manufacturing.
Nowadays this affects the products’ technical information and data exchange within the company and between different businesses and logistics chain. As an example, the impact for business continuity of the several issues experienced when sharing data between CAD/CAM and ERP systems is well known.
The registration in the event is mandatory. Please follow this link!
- 14h30 – Welcome (5min)
- 14h35 – Linked Data in Manufacturing Context (Prof. Ana Alice Baptista and Prof. João Pedro Mendonça) (15min)
- 14h50 – Think Tank Introduction (Ph.D. Paula Monteiro) (10min)
- 15h00 – Think Tank Participants Presentation – Opportunities for LD in Industry (60min)
- 16h00 – Coffee Break (30min)
- 16h30 – Think Tank Discussion – Refinement and clarification of LD cases in manufacturing (60 min)
- 17h30 – Think Tank Conclusions – Emerging LD in manufacturing (30 min)