EPMQ "IT Engineering Process Maturity and Quality" is the applied research domain in process quality and process maturity related to information systems engineering, collaborating closely with the SEMAG group (Software-based Information Systems Engineering and Management Group) and IDS (Intelligent Data Systems) of the ALGORITMI Center of the University of Minho. In particular, it conducts its projects to respond to the needs of innovation with its clients and partners, in methodological questions (requirements, analysis, and projects) and organizational (management, quality and standards) related to the engineering of information systems; as well as in the development of technologies, tools, models and techniques related to: Software Architectures, Decision Support Systems, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data, Data Science, Analytics and Machine Learning.
This applied research domain project portfolio is extensive and is currently focused on emerging technology areas such as:
- Industry (Textile, metalworking, equipment, automotive, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, software);
- Smart Cities;
- Public Administration;
- Cultural Heritage;
- Services: Banking, Insurance, Security, Logistics.
- Manage project life cycles and software processes;
- Define and develop models for analysis and design of systems;
- Designing software architectures, which are applied to different problems in different domains;
- Develop Systems for Decision Support, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data, Data Science, Analytics and Machine Learning.