The CCG is part of the Technical Commission for Standardization “TC 196 – Electronic Invoice”, a technical body that aims at drafting normative documents and opinions regarding the dematerialization of documents at European level and electronic invoices.
This technical committee was created by IPQ – Portuguese Quality Institute – as National Standardization Body.
Scope of Technical Committee 196 – Electronic Invoice
The Technical Committee 196 is intended to monitor work on the dematerialization of documents and electronic invoicing at European level, in the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) or in the European Commission (EC), taking into account its framework at national level.
The EC has issued a warrant to CEN for the creation of a European standard for the semantic data model of the core elements of an electronic invoice.
This new standard will need to be technologically neutral and compliant with relevant international standards at the level of the electronic invoice or be used for business-to-business transactions.
Constitution of the TC 196
This technical committee is chaired by GS1 Portugal CODIPOR and secretariat by CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica, through Ana Lima, development coordinator of the EPMQ domain of CCG.
In this committee there is a vast set of stakeholders, both from the public sector and from the private sector:
- ACEPI – Associação do Comércio Eletrónico e da Publicidade Interativa
- AMA – Agência para a Modernização Administrativa
- APMEP – Associação Portuguesa de Mercados Públicos
- ASSOFT – Associação Portuguesa de Software
- AT – Autoridade Tributária e Aduaneira
- Baker Tilly Portugal Consulting, SA
- CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica
- ESPAP – Entidade de Serviços Partilhados da Administração Pública, I.P.
- EY Portugal – Ernst & Young Global Limited
- GS1 Portugal
- IAPMEI – Agência Para a Competitividade e Inovação, IP
- INCI – Instituto da Construção e do Imobiliário
- Indra Sistemas Portugal, SA
- Influe Portugal – Generix Group Company
- KPMQ Advisory- Consultores de Gestão, LDA
- Pricewaterhouse – Assessoria de Gestão, LDA
- Quidgest – Consultores de Gestão, LDA
- Seres – Fatura Eletrónica + EDI
- Universidade do Minho
- Vortal – Comércio Electrónico, Consultadoria e Multimedia, SA
- YET – Your Electronic Transactions
Did you know that?
- Less than 5% of all EU procurement budgets are spent/awarded through electronic systems. (PWC study)
- The massive implementation of electronic invoicing in public administrations has a potential for savings in Europe of at least EUR 40 billion, including inbound and outbound invoices. (Billentis study)
- Portugal is identified as one of the European countries with the greatest potential for growth in this area.
The CCG also includes a technical standardization commission for Health Information and Communication Technologies and Systems, through the EPMQ laboratory, and an international technical standard for ergonomics under the PIU applied research domain.